Monday, January 5, 2015

Setting an intention


What does it mean to set an intention? By dictionary definition it means something that you plan to do. Everyday we set little intentions. We intend to read more, drink more water, spend less time on Facebook, eat healthier the list goes on. However sometimes those intentions can be difficult to keep. Instead of drinking water we drink soda because its tastier (lets be honest), we eat fast food because it’s cheaper and we stare at the glare of our phones because it’s more convenient than reading a book.

However everyday we have the chance to start over. But sometimes it doesn’t seem to click until a new year has come. This morning I woke up at 6 a.m. and caught a glimpse of the full wolf moon, the first full moon of 2015. Instead of going back to sleep I went outside and stared at the soulful white circle as it drifted behind the mountain that landscapes my house. For that moment I remembered that there is always a chance to start over and set a new intention.

With the New Year finally upon is I am going to set an intention to make it a priority to bring new life to my blog. I intend to share my path as a writer and hoop artist with this online community. As well as what inspires me from art, music, food, travel, style and more. Join me on this journey. Check in and set an intention of your own. Whether it means cutting a person out of your life who isn’t supporting your path or taking time to walk outside everyday. It’s never too late to begin again.  

Photos by Arvolyn Hill 

No comments:

Post a Comment